To what extent (if any) was Ayn Rand’s Howard Roark really Frank Lloyd Wright? The parallels between her fictional hero and an actual architect have, over time, been exaggerated, denied and distorted. This talk by Professor Shoshana Milgram, drawing on Wright’s archives, uncovers key relevant facts. You will learn the full story, including Ayn Rand’s remarks on a never-reprinted Wright article and the secret negotiations regarding the prospect of his working on the 1949 film.
Latest posts by New Romanticist (see all)
- O Captain! My Captain! By Walt Whitman - October 5, 2019
- “Aristotle and The Romantic Manifesto” by Robert Mayhew - October 1, 2019
- The Nerve of Foley - February 3, 2019
- Frank Lloyd Wright and The Fountainhead: The Full Story - January 7, 2019
- Alive Even at Rest - January 4, 2008